Alpine CC Board Minutes
6:00 pm Wed., April 13th, 2016 at ACC
Present: Joyce Long, Dena Elliott, Dorothy Brinckerhoff, Charlene Opheim, Roger Irvin, John Scott, Rachelle Payne
- Discuss & approve minutes of the previous meeting
- Review board email votes since last meeting
Authorization of work to contain & investigate plumbing issues and water damage in cry room bathroom. Moved by Dorothy, approved via email by John & Roger.
- Prioritize Agenda
- Financial Report
Board accepted the financial reports for March.
- Preschool Report
Dorothy reported that she has initiated contact with a couple security monitoring companies to get quotes on monitored fire alarms, but has not yet received any quotes.
Roger reported that he has found a listing online for photoluminescent Exit signs that light without wired electrical power. They appear to be a good option for our doors that do not have electrical circuits nearby.
Scamper is coming up on Saturday May 14.
We will be reviewing issues related to the staffing of our bi-lingual aide position for 2016-17.
- Student Busing and Coordination with Bellfountain Comm. Church
Joyce has had a conversation with Luke Krieger. It appears that we will not be able to reach an agreement with Bellfountain Community Church to use their van for busing our preschoolers. Joyce and Dorothy will look for a suitable grant program that we could apply to to fund the purchase of a vehicle of our own.
Preschool transportation program guidelines: tabled.
- Funding Bi-Literacy Program and Scholarships
March’s visit to Monroe by Roque Barros of Ford Family Foundation went positively, with every sign that he is very receptive to and supportive of initiatives here.
Joyce reported that NAO has offered to help do background work on funding requirements for the preschool, to help prepare for future grant applications. Joyce to follow up with Alexis.
- Recycling Center abuse
No significant abuse this month.
- 2012 Trust Mgmt Grant Implementation
Roger and John did initial construction of the Informational kiosk on 4/8-9. The roof, staining, and some details still remain to be completed.
- Building Task Force
The board reviewed the test installation of track lights. The Board prefers
- getting black finish tracks and fixtures (rather than the white from our prototype installation),
- mounting the tracks on west side of the horizontal beams (instead of on the ceiling surface as we did with the prototype installation),
- populating the tracks with the can style fixtures (instead of the mix of can and ring fixtures we did with the prototypes),
- populating the cans with 3000K (warm yellow) LED bulbs (rather than the mix of 3000K and 5000K bright white LEDs we did with the prototypes), and
- mounting tracks on the first, third, and fifth beams (as numbered from the double-door entry end).
- Water damage to cry room bathroom & water heater replacement
Dorothy reported that a replacement water heater has been purchased. Jo will install it in the coming week. There is no pressing need to replace the water-damaged kickboard at the bottom of the cabinet under the sink.
- Art hanging panels donation offer
The board discussed the kind offer of Gabe Babcock & David Bayles to donate panels to facilitate hanging small to moderate-size art pieces. The board is grateful for the offer, but declines.
- Abandoned car in parking lot
The Board discussed our next steps. Joyce will make one more contact with neighbor who is the mother of the owner with a deadline threatening to have it towed and to bill her for the tow.
- Election of officers for 2016-2017
Rachelle nominated the current officers for another term. None refused. Joyce, Dorothy, and John were re-elected as Chair, Treasurer, and Secretary.
- So. Benton Community Advisory Group (SBAG) for M. Hull bequest
Roger reported that SBAG has distributed some funds related to the AFRANA Monroe Walk-About event scheduled for May 12. They are working on a strategic plan for the community.
- New Business
Char has received email inviting us to a brainstorming meeting on 5/15 for how Monroe School District should spend funds it has been awarded from the Early Learning Hub for Kindergarten Partnership and Innovation.
We discussed possibly having a dinner meeting this summer at Alpine Tavern.
- Proposed agenda for May
No specific items were discussed.
ACC Board 5/11, Preschool Scamper 5/14