Take a moment to learn about us and then come join us for fun and community spirit. We welcome your input.
News: Community Planning Meetings
ALPINE COMMUNITY CENTER activities and accomplishments for 2012 are summarized below. None of this would be possible without the financial and volunteer support of community members like you!
- ACC Promissory Note: Funds raised: $14,000 through events and individual donations. Additional funds needed by January 2014: $11,000.
- Partners for a Strong Community: This new partnership with Sterling Bank in Monroe is aimed at providing food, school supplies and holiday gifts to low-income children and families right here in our own community.
- An on-line calendar at www.alpinecommunity.net/pg35 now displays the ACC facility use schedule. Facility use is on the rise for private and communitywide events, from memorial services to family gatherings and is available for use by other community organizations. Rental fees are reasonably priced.
- New programs: Oregon Humanities Conversation Project has provided funds to add three events to the ACC schedule this winter! See the calendar and watch your email for details.
- ACC Email Notices continue to provide a very local communication resource, with reminders about events, announcements, even storm related road closures during the winter flooding.
- A Site Planning Task Force has convened to advise the ACC Board concerning long term repurposing of the facility and landscape.
- Monthly Bingo for cash prizes benefits the Promissory Note repayment fund.
- The Alpine Cooperative Preschool continues to have full enrollment and has received funding through Trust Management Services LLC to help pay the preschool teacher’s wages and to help fund the Tuition Assistance program for families in need.
- Alpine Artists are now displaying paintings and fiber arts in the ACC main hall now that volunteers installed a new picture rail around the room.
- The Monroe Resale Shop continues operation in the old bank building in Monroe with volunteer staff. This program provides quality items at low prices. Profits benefit ACC operations and programs.
- The Alpine Century, a fundraiser for ACC, drew cyclists from all over the Western US to our area and the net income supports ACC operations and programs.
- The Alpine Recycling Center is visited hundreds of times per month by local recyclers, thanks to dedicated volunteers who monitor the site.
- The 10th Annual Alpine Holiday Festival for 2012 once again provided a welcome holiday gathering and showcased the talent and energy of our community while raising over $2,000 for operations and programs.
HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED:
Contribute to ALPINE COMMUNITY CENTER by sending your tax deductible donation to 25184 Webster Ave, Monroe, OR 97456.
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!
Your contribution, large or small, is a huge vote of confidence and direct benefit to ACC. You can donate by clicking here or send a check to the address below.
Sign up on our contact list or call Dorothy at 541-517-5943 to get involved. We will use this list to contact you about events and activities you can help with or participate in.