In 2011, Alpine Community Center was privileged to purchase a permanent facility located at Webster Avenue and Bellfountain Road in Alpine with help from a generous local family. In early 2014, the community center exchanged a check for $50,000 for full ownership of the facility with the support of many of our generous neighbors and several philanthropic grantors.
Looking forward, work continues to re-purpose the facility from a church to a multipurpose, self-sustaining community center that serves all of South Benton County. See below for descriptions of activity that volunteers have and are working on.
You can help us reach these goals by donating and volunteering. Read our news postings in the Building category for the most recent news and plans.
What we’ve done recently
- Recycling center move
- Children’s play area move and improvements
- Doorway between classrooms
- Gallery lighting for Main Hall
- Replaced the failing ridge beam in the main hall with collar ties (horizontal beams)
- Replaced the leaky roof and insulated the roof of the main hall
- Replaced the furnace ducts
- Insulated the ceiling of the classroom wing
- Drainage improvements
- Main hall lighting