In 2011, Alpine Community Center was privileged to purchase a permanent facility located at Webster Avenue and Bellfountain Road in Alpine with help from a generous local family. In early 2014, the community center exchanged a check for $50,000 for full ownership of the facility with the support of many of our generous neighbors and several philanthropic grantors.
Looking forward, work continues to re-purpose the facility from a church to a multipurpose, self-sustaining community center that serves all of South Benton County. See below for descriptions of activity that volunteers have and are working on.
What we’ve done recently
- Recycling center move
- Children’s play area move and improvements
- Doorway between classrooms
- Gallery lighting for Main Hall
- Replaced the failing ridge beam in the main hall with collar ties (horizontal beams)
- Replaced the leaky roof and insulated the roof of the main hall
- Replaced the furnace ducts
- Insulated the ceiling of the classroom wing
- Drainage improvements
- Main hall lighting