2018-07-11 Minutes

Alpine CC Board Minutes
6:00 pm Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 at ACC

Present: Joyce Long, Dena Elliot, Roger Irvin, John Scott, Dorothy Brinckerhoff
Absent: Rachelle Payne, Char Opheim

1. Discuss & approve minutes of the previous meeting

Approved as amended.

2. Review board email votes since last meeting


3. Prioritize Agenda

4. Financial Report

The board reviewed the financial reports for June. Accepted.

5. Preschool Report

Joyce and the recruitment committee met on the 10th with our top 2 candidates. The board discussed prospects and particulars for extending job offers to them. Dorothy moved that we offer the Teacher position to candidate A with a wage of $16/hour, and the Assistant position to candidate B with a wage of $13.50/hour, with a differential of $1/hour for days when she substitutes as Teacher (with additional details). Dena seconded. Approved. Joyce and Dorothy will draft offer letters and convey them to the candidates. Joyce will work with Linda Nelson to advise them on low-hanging fruit to raise their Oregon Registry ratings, and to plan their next career development training.

The Board discussed tuition rates. Last year we were at $60/mo-$70/mo for littles, and $75/mo-$85/mo for bigs. Dena moved we raise all rates by $5/mo, Joyce seconded, Approved.

6. FFF Grant for Staff Development and QRIS Plan

Joyce will get cost forecasts from Linda for the recommended classes for our intended staff. Dorothy will contact LBCC to get an invoice for Linda’s services. Dorothy will compose a grant report to FFF for the things we’ve done, proposing to carry over funds for staff development in the coming year.

7. Merged calendar participation with City of Monroe

Joyce met with RJ and Steve to chart out the next steps. Joyce has set up permissions on our calendar for their webmaster email persona. Steve hasn’t yet sent a follow-up message with the URL to view the test site.

8. Lessons learned from Celebrate Alpine

Board was encouraged by how it worked out, but noted these ideas for next time we have an event like this:

  • needed more shade (pop-ups)
  • needed more publicity starting further before the event – 90day before, announce a save the date. Have fliers completed a month before. Send it out to the email list 30d before, 14d before, and 6d before. Put fliers up in Monroe and Alpine. Get listed on the reader board at the high school.
  • Sandbags for the bouncy house, to keep it from migrating
  • Hiring the band and catering worked well.
  • John Gent (one of the music night regulars) may be interested in performing next year.

Dorothy moved that we have a similar event next year, with an eye toward making it a tradition. Joyce seconded, approved.

9. 2018-19 Budget

John reported no action.

10. Recycling Center abuse

Joyce reported no action on configuring the video recorder to be accessible over the network.

The Board discussed changes in the standards from Republic for acceptable material. Republic has not been notably proactive with communications about the changing markets and changing acceptability standards.

11. 2012/2014 Trust Mgmt Grant Implementation

Dorothy reported no progress on the Final report to Trust Mgmt.

12. New Business

We received an offer to donate an upright piano to the Center. The Board discussed. John will send our thanks for the offer with a polite declination.

13. Proposed agenda for August

Readiness for opening preschool for 2018-19
Open house for incoming preschool families
2018-19 Budget

14. Schedule

ACC Board 8/8, CPR class 8/25, first day of school 9/4

Comments are closed.