Alpine CC Board Minutes
6:00 pm Wednesday, March 11th, 2020 at ACC
Present: Dorothy Brinckerhoff, Roger Irvin, John Scott, Joyce Long, Kristen Norris, Andi Hooper, Christina Wickstein
Absent: Rachelle Payne, Dena Elliott
1. Discuss & approve minutes of the previous meeting
2. Review board email votes since last meeting
3. Prioritize Agenda
4. Financial Report
Board reviewed the financial reports for February. Accepted.
5. Preschool Report
Kristen reported that the preschool has been a challenge lately. Family issues have contributed to a significant decrease in co-op participation from parents. There is also a decrease in participation in parent group. Kristen has started taking an online class related to parent relationships.
Joyce will contact Old Mill School to explore options for supporting Kristen.
The play structure is having problems. The steps are coming loose. It needs to be re-stained, and anti-slip grit applied to the steps. The fence needs repair and a minor re-design to better contain the pea gravel.
John will contact All Aspects Handyman to get a quote for this work.
6. Alpine Celebration Planning
The board reviewed the lessons learned from 2018 & 2019 events:
- needed more shade (pop-ups)
- needed more publicity starting further before the event – 90day before, announce a save the date. Have fliers completed a month before. Send it out to the email list 30d before, 14d before, and 6d before. Put fliers up in Monroe and Alpine. Get listed on the reader board at the high school.
- Sandbags for the bouncy house, to keep it from migrating
- Hiring the band and catering worked well.
- John Gent (one of the music night regulars) may be interested in performing next year.
“The  celebration was better-attended than the 2018 celebration. The additional effort we invested in publicity helped. The article from the Tri-County Tribune, and the cross-promotion with the softball tournament worked well. Multiple musicians or entertainment helped drive additional attendance. We agreed that we will hire someone each spring to do lawn mowing and weed whacking during the late spring and early summer, as there is no reason why the board members should take on this task each year.”
In the EOY newsletter we said the date would be Saturday, June 20th 5-9pm. Chris Wickstein will ask the dance members of the Monroe Arts Association if any would be willing to do a short presentation. Andi Hooper will put us on her schedule to provide catering. Andi will also contact Ol’ School, to confirm them to perform.
Dorothy will send the save the date announcement on the listserve.
Dorothy will ask around for a local artist to design a flyer.
7. Water leak, re-plumbing the bathrooms
Report (Dorothy): recruitment of a plumber and bids for the work
Dorothy reported on the work to recruit a plumber to re-plumb the bathrooms at the Center. The first bid was $3400, second bid was $2600. Dorothy moved we hire Albin’s Plumbing to do the work during spring break week. Roger seconded, approved.
8. Facility rental agreement
Joyce is continuing work to draft a new form that is better suited to single events.
9. New Business
The board discussed the growing American consensus that COVID-19 will require adjustments to our ways of life. The preschool will follow the Monroe School District’s opening and closure schedule. The board will follow recommendations from the CDC and Oregon Health Authority.
10. Proposed agenda for April
Election of officers
ACC Board 4/8, Monroe Festival 4/25, Celebrate Alpine 6/20