Alpine CC Board Minutes
6:00 pm Wednesday, July 12th, 2023 at ACC
Present: John Scott, Melissa Meyer, Joyce Long, Rachelle Payne, Guest Mark Lapinskas
Apologies: Dorothy Brinckerhoff, Roger Irvin
1. Discuss & approve minutes of the previous meeting (5 min)
2. Review board email votes since last meeting (1 min)
3. Prioritize Agenda (2 min)
4. Review and Accept Financial Reports May (5 min)
Financial Reports- Tabled
Report from Dorothy
1. Certificates of Deposit – I’m attaching the current rate schedules for OCCU and Selco. They both have special offers right now that we probably should take advantage of. I should be able to do it on Monday afternoon if the board makes a decision tonight or by email vote.
2. Financial statements – My journey into Quickbooks Online continues. I think that once I get everything set up (getting closer but there are still a few glitches) it will be a huge improvement over Quickbooks Desktop and will save time every month. At least that’s what I’m telling myself to console myself over the many hours I’ve spend trying to figure it out. In short, we have money. We paid off the final invoice for flood repairs and have a net gain of 6,444 which is why I had suggested perhaps investing 6K in a CD.
The board discussed and Rachelle made a motion that we allow Dorothy to make the decision on which place to invest. All Approved.
5. Resale Shop Updates (5 min)
Progress Report (Dorothy)
Resale Shop – is going strong. We had a very good day during the Monroe Festival and are hoping for another good day this Saturday which is the Christmas in July event.
7. Preschool Updates (15 min)
Report (Rachelle, Joyce & Melissa)
Recruitment of students/ Enrollment
3-4 Enrollment as of now 3
4-5 Enrollment as of now 9
Post on Facebook about the upcoming Open House
Rachelle reports that she has received one application for tuition assistance.
Rachelle reports that the first two weeks are going great. Looking forward to the next 3 weeks. Read on Wheels starts coming next week.
Rachelle wants to make sure that everyone is on the same page as for the Preschool Teacher job description. The position involves a lot more than just teaching. The board will have an Executive Session without Rachelle over email to discuss.
8. Building Updates (5 min)
Rachelle has reported that the wasp are getting bad again. Dorothy will call to get the exterminator back out.
The landscaper has been coming regularly and keeping the yard cut.
We bought blink cameras on Prime days. We will need to decided where to put them and who will hang them up.
New blinds for the big room arrived.
9. Sign construction (5 min)
Discussion (Roger & John)
John reports that they are still looking for someone to paint our logo onto the sign. He and Roger will meet this Saturday to work on the roof design. They are still working on purchasing the letters and lighting.
10. Celebrate Alpine Fall Event (5 min)
The board discussed and agreed that we will not move forward on the fall event. We can revisit in the future.
11. Organizing and Storage
(Jeanne, Dorothy and Rachelle)
Jeanne, Rachelle, and Dorothy met yesterday to go over the organizing plan and make adjustments with Rachelle’s input. Rachelle would like to propose that we spend up to $1000 to invest in some additional shelving that will help us really clean up the space.The board voted and approved.
12. Alpine Holiday Festival
Rachelle suggested that we reach out to the Houer society at the highschool for volunteers.
13. Guest Mark Lapinskas: Oregon Cascades West Council of Governments
Benton County Assistant Veterans Service Officer- Mark Lapinskas aids Veterans in getting benefits that they qualify for. He informed the board on the many benefits the BCAVS does for the Veteran community. He left flyers and pamphlets for distribution.
14. New Business (5 min)
15. Proposed agenda for August (1 min)
16. Schedule (1 min)
ACC Board Meeting 08/09/23