2020-10-14 Minutes

Alpine CC Board Minutes
6:00 pm Wednesday, October 14th, 2020 on Zoom

Present: Joyce Long, Roger Irvin, Dorothy Brinckerhoff, Rachelle Payne, John Scott
Absent: Kristen Norris

1. Discuss & approve minutes of the previous meeting

Approved as corrected.

2. Review board email votes since last meeting


3. Prioritize Agenda

4. Financial Report

Board reviewed the financial reports for September. Accepted.

5. Preschool Report

Dorothy, Joyce, & Kristen have exchanged emails about a letter one of them received from the Oregon Early Learning Division asking them to file an attestation that our application (for a special status related to reopening the preschool during the pandemic) is correct, but we haven’t submitted that application. We will need that application if we open the preschool in January. Dorothy, Joyce, & Kristen are continuing to follow up.

6. Routine and post-event cleaning criteria & methods for the Center

Joyce reported that she had her cleaner acquaintance tour the Center to review the scope of the potential job. Her contact, Barry, estimated a full cleaning of the entire building at $90 per event, or a targeted touch up at $45. We have made no commitment yet, and no periodic cleaning schedule has begun. Board agreed to use $100 on our price schedule as the cleaning fee when two events need to occur at the Center within 72 hours of each other.

7. 2020 Fundraising Appeal

Dorothy received feedback from Joyce and John on the letter draft, and has incorporated their ideas into the working draft. She will send the edited draft out to the board for one more last-chance review cycle. Dorothy will print the letters. Dorothy needs help updating the mailing list to include preschool parents.

Joyce will get the preschool parents mailing list from Kristen, as well as the contact list from the 2019 Scamper. When Dorothy consolidates the lists, she will circulate the spreadsheet for last-chance catches. Dorothy plans to get the letters and labels generated by 10/18. Joyce will fold, stuff, and mail the letters.

We also want to post a version of the letter to the web site and Facebook.

8. Facility rental agreement

Joyce sent a draft of the facility rental agreement to the board for review on 10/12, and has received edit suggestions from John. She will incorporate those suggestions into the document.

We have a rental scheduled for this weekend. The renter has agreed in principal to the new pandemic-related requirements. Dorothy has already collected the $100 deposit, and will open the building for them.

9. Making Recycling Area Security DVR accessible

John reported that he reconfigured the network connection on the DVR so that we can now connect to it from outside the water company building. There are still several steps before we can use it the way we intend to identify violators. John will continue work to get it set up.

10. Recruiting new board members

Dorothy reported that Melissa Meyer emailed, expressing interest in serving on the board. The Board greeted this news with joy. Dorothy will invite her to join us in our next meeting.

11. New Business

The Board discussed how best to recognize Dena’s service and thank her. Rachelle will order a flower arrangement to be delivered with a note thanking Dena for her years of service to ACC, SBCE, and the community.

Orion Parsons has been doing some work for the Water Company and ACC. Ethan Bennet has paid his yard maintenance service to mow a couple times this year. Dorothy has authorized that service to do a round of weed suppression in the Center parking lot.

12. Proposed agenda for November

Follow-up & Lessons learned from Sponsorship Appeal

13. Schedule

ACC Board 11/11

Comments are closed.